Moving to Scotland
Compare International Movers
Request free international moving quotes!
Making an international move can be a real headache, but we can help you avoid a lot of unwanted hassle for your international move to Scotland. Intlmovers offers you a cost free way of obtaining a number of quotes to compare costs and services for international moves to anywhere in Scotland. It is quick and easy to use, and can save you both time and money!
If you would like to compare a number of international moving quotes quickly and easily, you simply need to select where you are moving from and to by using the simple drop down menu below. You will be automatically presented with a listing of up to six international movers who are specialists in international moves to Scotland. After completing a few basic details about your moving needs, your request is forwarded directly to the companies for them to generate a customized quote for you.
Value of international movers
The international moving companies will respond to you directly with their quotes, so there is no sitting around wondering. If they have questions or need some clarification about your needs, they will contact you directly to find out exactly which services will suit you best for your move. You can save yourself time and energy, and avoid some of the stress that often comes with any type of move, by enlisting the help of professional international movers on Intlmovers.
How www.intlmovers.com works
- Choose where you are moving to and from on the menu
- Select from the listed international movers
- Complete the simple online quotation request form
How to use Intlmovers To quickly and easily compare international moving companies for your move to Scotland:
- Select where you are to moving from and to, and click on ‘Find moving companies!’
- Review the list of international moving companies, and click on ‘Request quotation’
- Complete the easy request form and receive quotes directly for international moves to Scotland.
Why you should use Intlmovers
- The international moving companies have years of experience with moves to Scotland.
- You can avoid the stress by letting the movers manage the hard work.
- Conveniently compare international moving services in the comfort of your home.
Moving to Scotland
Scotland is a country of the United Kingdom, occupying around one third of the northern part of the island of Great Britain. It covers an area of around 78 thousand square kilometers, and outside of the mainland is made up of a total of 690 islands. The population of Scotland is nearly 5.5 million people. The capital city is Edinburgh with around half a million people. The largest city is Glasgow with a population of closer to 600, 000 people whilst the extended metropolitan area of Glasgow has close to two million residents.
Visa requirements for Scotland
Anyone who is arranging an international relocation for work or leisure needs to ensure that they have the correct approval for arrival in to a new country. Regulations vary considerably depending on the passport you are travelling on, your nationality, the length and reason for travel. For certainty, you should always check with the embassy in your home country to ensure that you have the latest and correct information regarding visa and customs requirements for your intended stay.
For entry in to the UK, and therefore Scotland, there are four types of entry clearance that are necessary to obtain prior to travelling. The visa requirements for travelling to Scotland are as follows:
- entry certificate for non-visa nationals outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- visa for visa nationals whose country is listed on the Immigration ruling listing
- EEA family permit is issued to the family members of EEA nationals.
- exempt vignette for people who are exempt from the Immigration Act 1971 (eg: diplomats.)
People who are moving to Scotland with the intention of working anywhere in the UK, including Scotland are obligated to arrange the correct approval and working visa beforehand. There are a number of different options available for people wishing to obtain a visa for travel to Scotland. In general a work visa for the UK falls under the following categories.
- high-value migrants
- investors, entrepreneurs and especially talented people (points-based assessment)
- skilled workers
- temporary workers
- sponsored workers
- workers and business people from Turkey
- Commonwealth citizens with ancestry in the UK (parents or grandparents were born in the UK)
Popular moves to Scotland
Scotland is a popular international destination for people from Australia, United States and France
Experience of our international movers
Experience counts for a lot, and can help you feel more confident that any kind of eventuality can be handled with ease. The moving companies that promote their services on Intlmovers have many years of trusted service and assistance moving families and businesses from all over the world to Scotland. You can relax knowing that your goods are being left in expert hands.
Obligation free quotes
Not only are the quotes that you receive via Intlmovers quick and easy to obtain, but all quotes are customized specifically for you for your move to Scotland. However, should you feel that the replies that you receive don’t suit your needs, you are under no obligation to accept any of the quotes that you receive from the international movers. You can relax knowing that the submission you make is made completely cost and obligation free.