Moving to North Dakota
Compare International Movers
Moving to North Dakota
If moving to the country sounds good then Intlmovers can help make your Moving to North Dakota move a breeze. Intlmovers is a moving quotation service that offers free quotes. We know moving can be stressful and there is a lot of planning to do. Intlmovers puts you in direct contact with several qualified moving companies that handle International moves to North Dakota.
Let us know what you want to move
Intlmovers quotations service is a good way to compare the prices and services of several moving companies. All you need to do is submit your request below. You will receive up to six quotations from different moving companies. They will make contact with you directly in order to arrange a customized quote for your move to North Dakota.
We provide free moving quotes!
Requesting a number of quotes in a single request helps you prepare a moving budget and get an idea of the services available. You don’t have to call movers or fill out multiple international move quotations separately. You save money not only by comparing their quotes. You can sample different services and related cost to your move. The best part about using this service is that you can use Intlmovers without any obligation whatsoever. You only accept quotes that you are completely satisfied will meet your moving requirements!
How to get quotes using Intlmovers
Comparing quotes for your international move to North Dakota is easy! You just need to:
- Choose where you are moving to and from on the menu.
- Complete the simple online form in minutes.
- Multiple movers will contact you within one business day.
Reasons to take advantage of the Intlmovers service
- The international moving companies have years of experience with moves to North Dakota.
- You can avoid the stress by letting the movers manage the logistics and moving tasks.
- Conveniently compare international moving services in the comfort of your home.
Moving to North Dakota
North Dakota is a U.S. state, the northernmost of the Great Plains states in the Midwestern United States. Although during the 19th Century it was considered part of the Wild West. To the north across the U.S.-Canada border are the Canadian provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and to the south is South Dakota.
In the west is Montana and to the east across the Red River of the North and the Bois de Sioux River is Minnesota. The Missouri River flows through the western part of the state, forming Lake Sakakawea behind the Garrison Dam. Formerly part of Dakota Territory (named after the Dakota tribe of Native Americans), North Dakota became a state in 1889.
North Dakota is bordered on the north by the Canadian Provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba. On the west by Montana, on the south by South Dakota, and on the east, across the Red River of the North and the Bois de Sioux River, by Minnesota. The Missouri River flows through the western part of the state, forming Lake Sakakawea behind the Garrison Dam.
Farms and ranches stretch across the rolling plains from the Red River Valley in the east to the rugged Badlands in the west. The geographic center of the North American continent is located near Rugby.
North Dakota is a prime example of a continental climate. Distant from major bodies of water to moderate the weather, conditions range from sweltering heat and humidity to bitter cold. Competing warm air masses from the Gulf of Mexico and cold air masses from the Arctic regions invariably produce strong winds as they move in and out of the region.
In summer, the clash of arctic and tropic systems often leads to strong thunderstorms. Sometimes including damaging hail and tornadoes. In winter, the weather tends to be more stable – cold and dry. With occasional flurries-though the constant wind tends to create blowing snow at any time of the season. Severe snowstorms tend to manifest late in the fall or early in the spring, as was the case in 1997.
North Dakota’s reputation for severe weather has been cited by many as a motivating factor behind outmigration. The failure of outside industry to locate in the state, though some have found this to be a secondary factor to the overall economic situation in the state.
Tell me about North Dakota
- Winters are cold – The winter time can fall as low as -30°C yes that low due to the cold arctic stream from Canada in the North snow tires and warm clothes are a must.
- Lowest Unemployment – North Dakota has the lowest unemployment in the US.
- Explore Theodore Roosevelt National Park – Take part in an Indian pow wow, see a rodeo, visit the petting zoo or horseback ride in a beautiful wildlife reserve.
- Enjoy the out doors – There are many National Parks to visit, Arrow-wood National Wildlife Refuge, Bonanza Village, or the international peace garden with 2,339 acres of botanical garden.
- Get away from the crowd – North Dakota is has very spacious un-crowded living. Get away from the noise of the city and experience western country living!
What’s the cost of living like in North Dakota?
The cost of living in North Dakota can vary depending on where you choose to live and what kind of life style suits you. North Dakota is largely farming and ranching. And has many rural areas that may require self paid services such as sewage collection and propane gas reserves if you are not in a city. Sometimes this can actually bring your expenses down but you must manage the services on your own. Not all areas are self sufficient, many of the larger cities and towns in North Dakota offer standard utility services.
Food and fuel prices seem to be relatively lower than most states as well as income tax. Property in North Dakota is less expensive than most of the United States mainly because the economy is largely agricultural based. Housing cost are usually the largest expense in America. Renting can be more expensive than most developed countries however rentals are quite in expensive in North Dakota as are salaries. Often rentals will require a deposit and last month’s rent fees up front.
Apartment rentals in North Dakota
- 1 Bedroom one bathroom apartment, ceramic floors, balcony beautiful neighborhood in Fargo $630 mo.
- 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment in Fargo balcony, near park, dishwasher and air conditioning $980 mo.
- 2 bedroom apartment 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment parking, dishwasher, very nice neighborhood $730 mo.
Homes for sale
- 4 bedroom 2 bath New Home in Bismarck N. Dakota, 1265 sq.ft. garage, large yard, large family room $224,000.
- 2 bedroom 2 bath Home in roomy yard, garage, large kitchen wood burning fireplace, patio and backyard $159,900 .
To live in North Dakota you need to apply for a visa to the United States. The processing times can be very long depending on your qualifications such as level of education. Your country of origin and immigration quota restrictions. You must apply for a temporary visa prior to entering the United States if you plan on staying more than 90 days.
Once you receive your permit, you may enter the US and apply for a green card which is a permanent residence status. You may not be allowed to work in the United States until you have a valid passport, green card, and social security number. No employment is possible without it. Residence status does not give you the right to work.
Experience of our international movers
Once you have requested quotes you can feel confident in the knowledge that the companies who respond to you are reputable international moving companies. They have many years of trusted and reliable service to the international moving industry. That way, you can feel sure that your goods are being well handled and managed throughout the moving process to your new location in the USA.
Obligation free quotes
Rest assured that all requests that are made via Intlmovers are absolutely obligation free. You may receive up to six quotes for your international move to North Dakota. It’s completely up to you to take your time, review your options and make your own choice about your preferred moving company. If you do not feel satisfied with any offers you receive, you are under no obligation to select any at all.