How Intlmovers works
How to get quotes using Intlmovers
Comparing quotes for your international move to Bangalore is easy! You just need to:
- Select where you are moving from and to, and clicking on 'Find moving companies!'
- Review the list of international moving companies and click on 'Request quotation'
- Complete the short request form and receiving quotes directly for international moves to Bangalore.
Reasons to take advantage of the Intlmovers service
back to top
- The international moving companies have years of experience with moves to Bangalore.
- You can avoid the stress by letting the movers manage the logistics and moving tasks.
- Conveniently compare international moving services in the comfort of your home.
Moving to Bangalore, India
Bangalore is India's Silicon Valley and new hot spot for IT professionals. The uplift in the highly skilled labor force has boosted the economy in Bangalore. Bangalore is India's third most populous city with a population of around 8.5 million people.
As a result of its recent IT boom, improvements in the infrastructure and housing conditions have improved making Bangalore very attractive for young families and foreign investors.
Bangalore is a vibrant city full of entertainment, night life and culture. Its not only a feast for the eyes but taste as well. Dinning out in Bangalore is quite inexpensive and a wonderful experience for the exotic food lover.
Bangalore offers all the modern convenience anyone would look for in a city. You still have the outdoor bazaars full of spice and silk merchants however;
many chain retail stores and designer labels fill the shopping malls as the locals now have a little more in their budgets to spend.
Nestled in between the sky scrapers and modern buildings are some of the structures of the past. Old temples and monuments hundreds or even over a thousand years old are scattered across the city and still brightly decorated during religious holidays or celebrations.
Living in Bangalore is quite comfortable to get use to or settle in outside of the warm or hot conditions.
People are generally friendly and helpful but as every new place you journey to there are some precautions you need to take.
And to learn your way around it's a good idea to meet some of the expats in the city to get you started. With so many international companies making the move to Bangalore every year, it won't be hard to make friends and get settled in quickly.
Tips for Living in Bangalore
- Transport tips - The Traffic in Bangalore is one of the most congested situations in the world. It is highly advised to live as close as possible to your place of work.
- Get medical coverage - You need to provide your own health insurance or be able to pay upfront for services. There is good health care in Bangalore but it can be very crowded. Get registered with a doctor as soon as you arrive.
- Learn the prices of things - In the Indian culture it is expected that westerners are rich and should pay more. Ask to see price list upfront and be prepared to haggle a little. Learning the pricing in Bangalore will help keep your budget down.
- Check it out ahead of time - Water is not always clean or standard and sometimes rationed. Check the plumbing, water and inspect toilets before you lease.
- Power outages - Ask if your apartment comes with a power generator, some do. Black outs are not unusual in India.
Cost of living
Overall India is an inexpensive to cheap place to live. Housing cost have risen in Bangalore more than any other city in India. However It is still very reasonably priced compared to Los Angeles, Sydney, London or most metropolitan cities.
Your cost all depend on how savvy you are at negotiating deals, purchases and rent. Most things in India are price negotiable some are not.
Anything that has a price posted is not always negotiable anything that does not such as food items or clothing in open markets or furniture stores are negotiable.
Also keep in mind that the mentality in India is that if you are a foreigner, you are rich and need to pay more. Often you will be charged two times more than a local just because you are not Indian even if your salary is from an Indian business and you earn the same.
Good negotiating skills and loyalty to local merchants could pay off.
Utilities and food cost are cheap; however service, quality and reliability may be a little disappointing to acceptable. If quality is what you look for,
it is possible to purchase just about anything but expect to pay average to higher prices. This also goes for four star restaurants. Luxury is a little more affordable in India but if you are drawing an Indian salary, you can find your money going quickly.
Apartment cost in Bangalore
- Two bedroom flat in Richards Town area 1250 Sq ft. water, parking, lift, security 25,000 Rupee /$448 USD
- Three Bedroom Flat in Electronic city, 1692 sq. ft. Pool, Gym, Back up Generator, Parking, Intercom 24,000 Rupee/ $431USD
- Furnished one bedroom flat in Jaynagar, central Bangalore across from bazaar, good water supply and parking Rupee 16,000/ $287 USD
* Note: It is illegal for non Indian Nationals to purchase property in India.
Expats in Bangalore:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Over seas womens Club in Bangalore- Expat Women 18+ living in Bangalore meets 2 monthly.
- Bangalore Expat Club - The place to meet expats from all over living in Bangalore- meet up monthly!
Do I need a Visa for India?
All travelers going to India must carry a visa to enter India. You need to get your visa approved before you travel or stay in India if you are not an Indian national. There are a different visa you can get for projects, study, work, residence, visiting, research and medical.
There are a few different ways to get a visa for India.
You can apply at the Indian embassy where you live or make an appointment and they will assist you with the appropriate paperwork and type of visa you qualify for.
You can also apply online at indianvisaonline.gov.in this site may be informative in helping you get all the information you need for a travel, residence, or work visa for India.
Experience of our international movers
Once you have requested quotes you can feel confident in the knowledge that the companies who respond to you are reputable international moving companies. They have many years of trusted and reliable service to
the international moving industry. That way, you can feel sure that your goods are being well handled and managed throughout the moving process to your new location in India.
back to top
Obligation free quotes
Rest assured that all requests that are made via Intlmovers are absolutely obligation free. Whilst you may receive up to six quotes for your international move to Bangalore, it is completely up to you to take your time,
review your options and make your own choice about your preferred moving company. If you do not feel satisfied with any offers you receive, you are under no obligation to select any at all.